No Products in the Cart
Here we are, Part 2 of 3 of our Synergee Blog Series that is focusing on REST!
This post will showcase 2 stretches you can do with our Synergee Core Mat after workouts or on recovery days!
Of course, we have TONS of other equipment that can help with rest and recovery – from our Mini Bands to our Plyo Boxes, from Power Bands to our Barbells, there are tons of low impact, low intensity movements you can do with this gear that can help you with recovery - but let’s not get too ahead of ourselves!
I don’t want to bombard you with thousands of stretches you can totally do with our plethora of awesome equipment – so, as I said, let’s focus on two very effective stretches to get your muscles feeling fine and dandy for the next time you walk into the gym! 😊
Every one of my gym buddies has a love/hate relationship with the Pigeon Pose stretch.
It feels soooo gooooood but it also attacks those stubborn, sticky muscles that we abuse on a daily basis.
Grab a Synergee Ab Mat, settle into the pose, and sit in the suck for a while.
Your hip flexors will love you for it... even if it feels like they hate you at first!
1. Begin on all fours. With your left foot, point your toes. Inhale & extend your leg up and back.
2. On your exhale, bring your left knee forward. You can rest it on the Synergee Core Mat to increase your comfort.
3. Inhale again, and point your right toes. Slide your right foot along the ground straight back behind you. Push into your finger tips and keep your chest open.
4. Walk your left heel and toes so your lower left leg starts to become more parallel with your hands. You can bring your hands back so you are resting on your palms.
5. Bring awareness to left hip - feel the external rotation. Engage your right foot by keeping your toes pointed and feel your right hip open.
6. Hold this pose for at least 60 seconds, then switch sides and repeat.
This stretch will feel awesome in your hamstrings, hip flexors, and I find it opens up my back and chest, too!
It looks like a very dramatic lunge.
So, for all you Drama Queens out there…. Let’s LuuUUUuuuUUUuunge!!
1. Start by standing tall with a tight core. Keep your chest up and step forward with one leg to get into the lunge position.
2. Ensure that you Synergee Core Mat is positioned directly under your back knee. Lowe your back knee to the ground and rest it on the mat. Extend the right knee forward.
3. Clasp your hands and bring them up overhead. Squeeze your butt; push your hips forward slightly to feel the stretch while also lifting your chest and hands to the ceiling.
4. Hold for 30-60 seconds and switch sides.