Come Work With Us!
We are the leading online retailer of home fitness equipment, and we are always looking for new people with innovative ideas to join our team!
What do we have to offer?
Our dream is to be the #1 seller of fitness equipment internationally because we believe our product makes better health and wellness more accessible for all.
We sell high-quality products at honest and affordable prices.
Our staff uses our equipment everyday, so it is tried and true.
We believe in our products, and we believe we can change more lives worldwide as we grow and expand our brand.
We are a tight knit team that works together to achieve our goals.
To learn more about our Mission and Values, please see our About Us page.
What do you have to offer?
If YOU are as passionate as we are about:
1. inspiring people to sweat, move, and love their bodies,
2. making people happy, and
3. growing while remaining authentic, honest, and true to our Mission,
then we are all 4 it!
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
If we have a job opening, it will be posted here. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to receive updates, too!
Synergee is the leading online retailer of home fitness equipment. We sell people tools to increase their stamina, strength, balance and flexibility to help them live happier, more satisfied lives. We are looking for a photographer to join our team who is passionate about fitness (like we are!); who works well on their own and with others; and who can use their well-curated knowledge and skills to showcase our awesome products in the perfect light for online ads and promotional material.
- The photographer will coordinate photoshoots and take pictures of people, settings, events and objects. This includes pictures of fitness equipment (stationary and in use), fitness competitions, athletes, gym members, and more. These photos will be used for Amazon, Walmart, and the Company Website.
- The photographer will use their refined artistic and technical skills to create images that will entice customers to come to Synergee to fulfill their fitness equipment needs.
- In addition to taking high-quality images, the photographer will maintain all camera equipment including lights, lenses and tripods. Photography equipment will be provided, but you are welcome and encouraged to bring your own equipment.
- After pictures are complete, the photographer will resize, edit, airbrush and enhance images using Photoshop or other photo editing software. Experience taking 360 Degree photos of objects is preferred.
- The photographer will work with the web development manager, copy writer, and the rest of the Synergee team to brainstorm and plan content for ads, promos, social media, and the company website.
- Use creative and visionary skills to communicate, plan and craft images of products, people and settings for ads on Amazon, Walmart, the company’s website and social media.
- Work with website development manager and copy writer to craft content for webpages, ads and promotional material.
- Select and assemble proper equipment, settings, and props to showcase equipment in ways that are enticing and that embody company’s core values.
- Properly light subjects with artificial or natural lighting using flashes and reflectors when necessary.
- Retouch, resize and enhance images as needed using Photoshop or other photography software.
- Upload and document photos on shared hard drives in format that is useful and easily navigable for other coworkers.
Photographer skills and qualifications
- Passionate about fitness and knowledgeable about fitness industry.
- Design-focused, creative, a keen eye for detail, and a well-developed artistic aesthetic.
- Experience with Candid, Documentary, Fashion, Conceptual, Portraiture, and/or Sport Photography
- Experience working in a team environment and ability to work with others to plan, design and create consistent, cohesive, and enticing advertisements.
- Ability to self-direct, take initiative, and work independently.
- Ability to use different types of photography equipment and software with little direction.
- Knowledge of and ability to use various photography techniques – ex. artificial and natural lighting conducive to particular settings, shapes and skin tones.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to discuss complex artistic concepts in easy-to-understand terms for others.
- Experience shooting, editing, capturing and uploading images from photoshoots and live events.
- Experience directing photoshoots.
- Expertise working with industry standard image editing tools and processes (including Adobe Photoshop, Photo Mechanic, and FTP clients).
- Degree or diploma in photography or visual marketing is preferred.
- Three to Five years experience as photographer is preferred.
Please forward a cover letter and resume through Indeed. You are encouraged to include links to past work/an online portfolio.
M-F, 8-5* (we allow for some flexibility)
931 Cobalt Crescent, Thunder Bay, ON P7B 5M4
Application closing date: March 29 2019
Job Start date: May 1 2019
Salary: $45 000
- 1 year contract (with opportunity for renewal)
- Free gym membership
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Up to two hours (unpaid) for midday workout and lunch break, at employee’s discretion